The HACCP System (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), is a preventive method that detects and monitors those points of the production process of food in which «persist» risks to the health of consumers. A HACCP system, is intended to ensure the safety and hygiene of food and beverage products at all stages of production and disposal.
The development and implementation of a HACCP system is implemented with the assistance qualified scientific personnel, which should have very good knowledge of the subject dealt with the company and require several months of work. The selection and creation of a HACCP team, comprising the staff of the company, are extremely important because they are the best knowledge of how business operates and these are people who would have to implement the System.
So when we talk about HACCP studies, we should bear in mind that:
- are dedicated for every food and/or each production line,
- assess potential hazards to food,
- trigger systems or procedures to eliminate them or bring them under control,
- define those indicators to ensure that the product is safe.
Benefits for the company...
- Compliance with the law,
- Maximising trust for the safety of food available for consumption,
- Improvement of image firm and powerful marketing weapon,
- Documentation and therefore evidence to the third (audit, legal authorities, consumer) compliance with relevant legislation,
- Elimination of defective products anf particularly of personal injury cases for the consumer (food poisoning, etc.),
- Checking preventive measures based on easily, quickly and cheaply checks,
- Financial benefits, higher performance machines, reducing the quality control of finished products, etc.